Talk GPU Computing
||Engineers and scientists using Python for scientific and numerical computing.
||Intermediate Python and Numpy experience. Some familiarity with a
concurrent programming model, such as threads, multiprocessing, or MPI.
||An OpenCL implementation for your GPU (NVIDIA or AMD) or the AMD CPU
OpenCL implementation if you don't have a recent AMD or NVIDIA GPU;
- Hardware architecture overview
- The basics:
- Host<->device memory transfers
- Compute kernel examples: Matrix multiply, random number generation.
- Optimization techniques
- PyOpenCL compared to PyCUDA
- Does it live up to the hype: What problems are suited for the GPU.