This tutorial gives an introduction to the Python programming language. You might be a beginner in Python, but you should have some general programming experience.
- The interactive interpreter - a great tool for experiments
- Identifiers - how to name things
- Data types - numbers, strings, lists, dictionaries, ...
- Conditional code - the if/elif/else statement
- Loops - the for, while, break and continue statements
- Exceptions - error handling with try/except/else and freeing resources with try/finally
- Functions - a first step to code reuse
- Modules - bundling data and functions
- If there's enough time: object-oriented programming - more maintainable software