After reviewing the main concepts behind scientific visualization as well as reviewing the open source visualization eco-system, we will experience specifically the matplotlib library that provides many different types of high-quality figures from within python with only few lines of code.
Several examples will be used to exercise the use of this library and we will investigate more specifically:
- title, labels, legend and text
- colors, markers and styles
- size, resolution and coordinate systems
- figures, supblots and ticks
- interaction and animations
Finally, you'll be encouraged to create a high-quality plot related to your field of research and submit it to the gallery.